TITAN XP is a dynamic binary translator that takes legacy Tru64 UNIX application binaries and converts them transparently into new native binaries for execution on HP-UX or Linux Itanium based servers. This provides a quick, inexpensive way to port huge amounts of code, significantly reducing the cost and complexity of application migration. This powerful toolset enables not only the software to run in native mode at much higher speeds, but allows the user to add functionality to the software even if there is no source code available.
1) Translates legacy application binaries from Legacy AlphaServer to new Itanium2 binaries.
2) Optimizes resulting translated binaries for execution on Itanium EPIC architecture.
3) API Mapping functions allow legacy object code modules to be dynamically linked to new or replacement native object code modules at the API level.
4) Legacy Operating System calls are translated into appropriate call structure / services in the host O/S environment.
5) X-view support tools allow for debug, integration & test, and real-time visibility